Frameworks CDC educates families not only about buying a home, but keeping it through a comprehensive pre-purchase homebuyer education program.
All participants residing in Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Hays, Lee, Llano, Travis and Williamson are required to complete both the education portion AND attend a one-on-one counseling session in order to receive the certificate of completion.
Classes are open to the public and registration is required to attend/complete either class. Online registration is noted below and classroom registration is on the next tab.
Topics covered include:
- Homeownership Readiness & Affordability
- Money and Credit Management
- Types of Properties and Financing Available
- Closing Processes and Home Maintenance
LENDERS: Please read “IMPORTANT NOTE” below!
The online class gives a participant the opportunity to take the class portion on his/her own time. Offered in both English and Spanish, the class is powered by eHomeAmerica and consists of 6 modules. The cost is $99.00.
One-on-one counseling is required to receive the certificate of completion, if you reside in one of the following counties: Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Hays, Lee, Llano, Travis and Williamson. This may be accomplished either via a face-to-face or telephone appointment.
For participants residing outside of the above counties: Please contact our office at 512-385-1500 and we will email your certificate.
- After you complete the online class, you will schedule your counseling appointment. Most counseling appointments are scheduled at least 30 days in advance due to the volume of clients.
- We are unable to accommodate “emergency” counseling appointment requests. Your counseling appointment will be scheduled at the next available time.
- If your lender requires the certificate of completion, please plan your home purchase closing date accordingly!
If you understand the above, please register for the online class HERE.
The class onsite provides free general instruction to increase your knowledge and build new skills in the area of homeownership. The classroom is located at 701 Tillery Steet, Suite A-4B, Austin, TX, 78702 .
During class, you will schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our HUD-certified counselors.
All program material is taught by Frameworks CDC staff with the support of community partners.
Frameworks CDC utilizes the best practices of NeighborWorksAmerica®, Realizing the American Dream book. This book can be purchased online, during the class, or during counseling.
Shipping is NOT available. Please do not purchase a book unless you are able to pick up the book at our office.
Realizing the American Dream Book: $25.00
2019 Schedule: Saturdays 8am- 4pm
|Month||English Class||Spanish Class|
We will contact you within 1 to 3 business days to confirm your class registration.