Frameworks CDC educates families not only about buying a home, but keeping it through a comprehensive pre-purchase homebuyer education program.
Frameworks CDC’s Notice About COVID-19 (Coronavirus):
In consideration of COVID-19 and because we care about the health and safety of our clients, Frameworks CDC is temporarily discontinuing all on-site Homebuyer Education classes and in-person Housing Counseling appointments.
In our efforts to mitigate the spread of the disease and to keep our housing counseling and homebuyer education class clients safe, we are making the following changes to continue to provide excellent services to our clients:
Frameworks CDC has always offered online Homebuyer Education Classes. All participants are welcomed to register for the online Homebuyer Education class via the link below.
Frameworks CDC will conduct all one-on-one telephone Housing Counseling appointments instead of face-to-face Housing Counseling appointments.
All participants residing in Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Hays, Lee, Llano, Travis and Williamson are required to complete both the education portion AND complete a one-on-one, telephone Housing Ccounseling session in order to receive the certificate of completion.
Classes are open to the public and registration is required. Online registration is noted below.
LENDERS: Please read “IMPORTANT NOTE” below!
The online class gives a participant the opportunity to take the class portion on his/her own time. Offered in both English and Spanish, the class is powered by eHomeAmerica and consists of 6 modules. The cost is $99.00.
One-on-one counseling is required to receive the certificate of completion, if you reside in one of the following counties: Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Hays, Lee, Llano, Travis and Williamson. Per the above notice, all Housing Counseling appointments will be conducted via telephone.
For participants residing outside of the above counties: Please contact our office at 512-385-1500 and we will email your certificate.
- After you complete the online class, you will need to call the Frameworks CDC office at 512-385-1500 to schedule your Housing Counseling appointment. Most counseling appointments are scheduled at least 30 days in advance due to the volume of clients.
- We are unable to accommodate “emergency” housing counseling appointment requests. Your housing counseling appointment will be scheduled at the next available time.
- If your lender requires the certificate of completion, please plan your home purchase closing date accordingly!
Please register for the online class HERE.
Topics covered include:
- Homeownership Readiness & Affordability
- Money and Credit Management
- Types of Properties and Financing Available
- Closing Processes and Home Maintenance
Frameworks CDC utilizes the best practices of NeighborWorksAmerica®, Realizing the American Dream book. This book can be purchased online.
Shipping is NOT available. Please do not purchase a book unless you are able to pick up the book at our office on Tuesday or Thursday, between 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Please email email@example.com to make arrangements.
Realizing the American Dream Book: $25.00